Clinical & Research Support
The Library offers a Clinical Librarian Service to library members.
The Clinical Librarians have expert knowledge of key research resources & databases, such as Medline, PubMed, Embase, The Cochrane Library & other nursing & allied health resources.
They can help hospital staff & researchers by searching & evaluating evidence-based information to support patient care & research activities.
The Clinical Librarian team can:
- Assist in identifying & locating research literature for clinical care questions & service improvement initiatives
- Provide 1:1 searching assistance - make an appointment via phone, e-mail or in-person
- Provide education & training in the use of key resources
- Assist with systematic review & guideline development
- Provide support to journal clubs, clinical & audit meetings
- Participate in special projects where their expertise can add value
Education & Training
There are regular & ongoing training events during the year. Sessions are advertised under the Training section of the Library webpage. Bookings required.
The Clinical Librarian team can also run tailored training sessions & can present to your team during, or at:
- In-service training
- Formal education courses & events
- Departmental meetings
- Clinical case conferences
- Off-site meetings
Literature Search Service
The Clinical Librarians have expert knowledge of the key databases, and can assist staff & researchers locate filtered, highly specific information. Make an appointment to discuss your search specifics, or submit an online form request.
The Clinical Librarians operate from the Health Sciences Library (RMH Building) and the Learning Resource Centre (PMCC Building - restricted hours – see below). Drop in, or call, or email to speak to them.
RMH, RWH & Mental Health
PMCC Learning Resource Centre, L7