Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
23rd July 2020
Australia's health 2020 is the AIHW's 17th biennial report on the health of Australians. It is a mix of short statistical updates and longer discussions exploring selected topical issues. Australia’s health also serves as a ‘report card’ on the health of Australians by looking at how we are faring as a nation.
An estimated 11.6% of Australian adults were daily smokers in 2019, less than half the rate in 1991 (25%)
3 in 10 Indigenous Australians had an Indigenous-specific health check in 2017–18, nearly triple the rate in 2010–11
- There were 11.5 million hospitalisations in 2018–19—6.9 million in public hospitals; 4.6 million in private hospitals
- health performance data by State & Territory, Primary Health Network and Hospital
- data insights - inluding in depth articles on key topics
- Australia's health in brief - short visula report summarising key findings
- resources - a collection of resources realting to Austria's health including infographics.